Happy Birthday Sean Taylor…
1. CAROLINA- Cam Newton QB, Auburn*
2. DENVER-Marcell Dareus DT, Alabama*
3. BUFFALO- Von Miller OLB, Texas A&M
4. CINCINNATI- AJ Green WR, Georgia*
5. ARIZONA- Blaine Gabbert QB, Missouri*
TRADE ALERT: DALLAS SENDS #9 & #71 (3rd) to CLEVELAND for #6 overall
6. DALLAS (From CLE)- Patrick Peterson CB, LSU*
7. SAN FRANCISCO- Nick Fairley DT, Auburn*
8. TENNESSEE- JJ Watt DE, Wisconsin*
9. CLEVELAND (From DAL)- Julio Jones WR, Alabama*
10. WASHINGTON- Tyron Smith OT, USC*
11. HOUSTON- Robert Quinn DE/OLB, North Carolina*
12. MINNESOTA- Da’Quan Bowers DE, Clemson*
13. DETROIT- Prince Amukamara CB, Nebraska*
14. ST. LOUIS- Aldon Smith DE, Missouri*
15. MIAMI- Ryan Mallett QB, Arkansas*
ONLY 1 SENIOR IN FIRST 15 PICKS!
16. JACKSONVILLE- Ryan Kerrigan DE, Purdue
17. NEW ENGLAND (From OAK)- Anthony Castonzo OT, Boston College
18. SAN DIEGO- Cameron Jordan DE, California
19. NY GIANTS- Mike Pouncey C/G, Florida
20. TAMPA BAY- Justin Houston DE, Georgia*
21. KANSAS CITY- Nate Solder OT, Colorado
22. INDIANAPOLIS- Gabe Carimi OT, Wisconsin
23. PHILADELPHIA- Jimmy Smith CB, Colorado*
24. NEW ORLEANS- Corey Liuget DT, Illinois*
25. SEATTLE- Jake Locker QB, Washington
26. BALTIMORE- Torrey Smith WR, Maryland*
27. ATLANTA- Derrek Sherrod OT, Mississippi State
28. NEW ENGLAND- Muhammad Wilkerson DE, Temple*
29. CHICAGO- Adrian Clayborn DT, Iowa
30. NY JETS- Phil Taylor NT, Baylor
31. PITTSBURGH- Cameron Heyward DE, Ohio State
32. GREEN BAY- Mark Ingram RB, Alabama*
- The DAL/CLE trade makes too much sense for both teams. I could see Holmgren moving around a lot in this draft.
- Most of the 1st round picks will have ‘Public Relation’ implications because teams are focused on keeping fans happy during lockout.
- The only QB I’d want in the first round is Ryan Mallett. Otherwise, I’m taking my top rated defensive lineman.
- There’s so much talent at defensive line for BOTH 4-3 and 3-4.
- If Cleveland stays at #6 they could still take Patrick Peterson. The team believes in the best player available philosophy. The domino effect would send Tyron Smith to Dallas and Julio Jones to Washington.
- JJ Watt is likely to go in the top 15, but the teams targeting defensive ends in the top 15 all run 4-3 schemes that demand athletic/smaller ends. Watt is 6’6 292. and fits best in a 3-4 scheme. But Tennessee’s scheme demands athletic five-technique defensive tackles that play primarily inside. If Fairely is available, they will consider him.
- Jake Locker is hard to place. He’s not a top 15 pick on any board and he’s a reach if he is taken that high (but it is possible). Pete Carroll was the only head coach to attend his Pro Day. Washington Huskies to Seattle Seahawks.
- Best Value in the 1st round: Aldon Smith, Muhammad Wilkerson, Gabe Carimi